Job Title:Brand Finance Officer
Mitchell Communications Group is a full-service, award-winning public relations firm that creates real connections between people and brands. We deliver compelling campaigns in consumer marketing, hyperlocal PR and brand reputation, driving results for some of the world’s best-known brands. As the PR flagship of the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the fastest-growing agency networks in the world, Mitchell is connected to more than 300 offices operating in more than 145 countries.
- Direct the preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly budgets and forecasts providing financial analysis and suggested action
- Provide monthly reporting for departments, offices and lead ad-hoc analysis
- Initiate, review and negotiate client fees, billing rates and client agreements and contracts
- Review and negotiation of legal contract terms with DAN legal and client legal teams
- Recommend, implement and measure performance against benchmarks for the Organization’s financial and operating performance
- Provide insights and analytics of client and project performance and data-supported explanations of variances
- Manage monthly financial meetings between general managers and executive management
- Present financial position at agency meetings, and town halls
- Work closely with service line/account directors to ensure that staffing is in line with revenue
- Coordinate local Mitchell needs with Regional and Global Dentsu Aegis requirements, process, and procedures
- Maintain, review and improve internal control environments related to transactional processes
- Ensure compliance with corporate polices
- Participate in the year-end audit
- Manage financial systems integrations
- 10+ years of progressive finance and accounting experience in both public and private sector.
- Agency experience preferred, professional services industry ideal
- Project based business experience helpful
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Strong executive presence
- Strong judgment and critical thinking
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, accurate and detail oriented
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate financial information
- Commercially savvy
Mitchell believes in valuing its team members and putting their wellbeing and development at the forefront. As a team, we recognize how hard our team members work and therefore do our part to ensure they feel recognized and celebrated for their efforts through key incentives including, but not limited to: competitive salaries, generous paid time off and leave policies, extensive 401(k) plans with company matching, professional development opportunities, excellent medical, dental, vision and life insurance, volunteer time off, family care programs and pet discount programs.
Mitchell Communications Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We also participate in E-Verify. In 2019, Mitchell announced its certification as a great workplace from the independent analyst at Great Place to Work ®. In 2018, Mitchell was named as one of the Best Places to Work in Arkansas by Arkansas Business and Best Companies Group, and in 2017, Mitchell was recognized by the PR Council in partnership with PRWeek as Best PR Firm Diversity Initiative – Honorable Mention during the annual Diversity Distinction in PR Awards in New York City.
Time Type:Full time
13 days ago - source