Who are we ?
To support the Regional EHS Director to deliver both Saint-Gobain and UK & Ireland EHS requirements at local level through proactive support provided to business units within the operational region. A very strong emphasis on customer service, agility and responsiveness to the businesses need in the region and active collaboration with the Regional EHS Director to allow for;
- Provision of EHS guidance and support for all sites, management & staff within the region
- Assistance & advice to all businesses within the region to improve Environment, Health and Safety standards in order to ensure compliance with the country regulatory framework and Saint-Gobain policy.
- Promotion of best practice to engender a proactive approach to EHS culture development and achievement of world-class EHS standards
- Active involvement with the overall regional Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) team to ensure that professional value adding services are delivered to our customers in an effective and timely manner.
- Relevant experience in the field of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Qualified to NEBOSH certificate minimum and preferably Diploma level in Health & Safety
- Environmental qualification favourable
- Experience of and able to work in a team environment, under own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills, excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Team enhancer with a demonstrated passion, enthusiasm and genuine commitment to workplace EHS.
- Experience and competencies in hazard Identification, and risk management.
- Experienced in the development and delivery of the Saint-Gobain EHS Frame of reference.
Key Results Areas
The post holder will:
- Be the embodiment of high standards and aspirations for the very best EHS performance that our businesses can achieve.
- Willingness to travel at short notice in response to business need to provide excellent customer service
- A personal approach that embraces the Saint-Gobain attitudes in order to support delivery of outcomes in a manner aligned to the Saint-Gobain Principles of Conduct & Action
- To provide challenge and guidance to businesses within the region to continually promote the EHS agenda and related performance towards world-class EHS
- To provide, analysis, critique and report on behalf of the region robust and accurate EHS key indicators of performance
- To support Regional EHS Director in achieving UK & Ireland EHS objectives
- To represent the region as needed internally and externally, promoting views and advocating on issues as needed for influence and impact
- Liaise effectively with business and customer/supply chain key stakeholders to deliver best in class business support for EHS needs
The role demands energy, drive, mobility and a determination to succeed and continually improve standards: communication, presentation and influencing skills of the highest order; and a vision for promoting the value of EHS in pursuit of our CSR ambition
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/applicantdataprivacy/
6 days ago - source