OneHR Case Advisor
- Please note this role is based in the Business Support Centre, Glasgow
- Closing Date for Applications - 28 August 2019
- 12 Months Fixed Term
- BSC Band E
Heathrow is the UK's premier international airport and one of the world’s major hub airports, flying people for business, tourism and to visit friends and relatives around the world. We provide the facilities and services for over 80 airlines flying around 75 million passengers a year to over 180 destinations worldwide and play an important economic role connecting the whole of the UK to global growth. As one of the largest single site employers there are over 76,000 people working at Heathrow, for over 400 companies, working together to achieve our vision of giving passengers the best airport service in the world. Heathrow is like a small city – fast moving, diverse, forward thinking – right at the heart of the nation’s global connections and with a world of opportunity.
The HR Policy & Case Advisor will be responsible for supporting and coaching managers to effectively manage their ER issues as well as tracking cases and providing timely advice and policy guidance on people policies, primarily:
- Flexible Working
Offer best practice HR advice on issues such as grievance, disciplinary, conduct, capability, and employee & employment relations matters
- Coach and guide managers to proactively manage employee relations cases, making recommendations, giving support, advice and reminders to managers to ensure compliance in line with the relevant company policy and legislation
- Provide information back to Policy & Case Advisors at Heathrow and HRBPs that supports the improvement of manager capability in the handling of employee relations cases, monitor trends and support with action plans to address key issues identified
- Keep abreast of all appropriate legislation, updates on forthcoming changes, providing advice to the HR team as well as managers
- In conjunction with the wider People Services team, contribute towards the development and improvement of HR processes and procedures
- Develop and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders & oversee excellent customer service in all dealings with the Business
- Share appropriate learning across the team to improve consistency and overall team credibility
- Ensure that all systems and records are maintained to enable timely and accurate reports
- Demonstrate an active interest in personal/business development and maintain an active personal development plan
Qualifications and Experience
Proven track record within HR, with experience in providing expert advice on the application and interpretation of policy and process
- Sound understanding of UK employment legislation and its application in the workplace, disciplinary and grievance practices, employee relations best practice
- Ability to establish and gain strong customer relationships at all management levels, ability to embed a strong HR service culture
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Experience in remotely coaching managers through difficult situations
- Graduate calibre desirable
- Preferably CIPD qualified or working to a CIPD qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels both written and verbally, including ability to influence and persuade others. Must be able to draft appropriate, legally compliant letters and correspondence in response to ER issues
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Professional in approach and dedicated to high standards, with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible, self-motivated team player, with ability to work on own initiative and without close supervision
- Proficient in the practical use of Microsoft packages, e.g. Excel, Word and in the use of HR systems such as case management database and call logging systems
Our plans are ambitious ones. And our people equally so. That’s why we recognise and value the contribution that everyone makes. In return we offer great benefits. These include our employee assistance programme, pension, healthcare and travel offers, plus a wide range of development opportunities to take your career further.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.