Our Logistics department is at the forefront of our success. Not only is it one of our largest and fastest expanding departments, it influences the business operations on a national scale. Wasting no time in making decisions every day…decisions that will impact on the success of each and every Lidl store in the UK, you will relish the challenge and ultimately help increase the efficiency of logistics operations.
Thriving in a fast paced environment, and possessing real entrepreneurial flair, joining this dynamic and highly motivated department full of likeminded individuals could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Please note applications close Friday 6th September 2019 and all interviews will be held on 25th September 2019
What will you do?
In your two year programme you will find out everything there is to know about our retail operations within one of our regional distribution centres. You'll spend time working in stores, in the warehouse, supply chain team and also the administration department. You will then specialise in one of the key areas of Logistics. All of that before you join colleagues in the Head Office to begin your specialist training. In head office you will rotate around the functional areas of the wider Logistics department such as Logistics Strategy, Warehouse Operations and Distribution & Recycling. Alongside this training you'll also be given a mentor who you will shadow.
What will you need?
- A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline by September 2019 or within the last 4 years
- Possession of a Full driving licence valid in the UK by September 2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently within a high pressured environment
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A naturally analytical mind-set with plenty of common sense
- Excellent standard of numeracy
- Entrepreneurial flair with a talent for negotiating and networking at the highest levels
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- A high degree of adaptability
- The confidence to make tough decisions
- A strong team player
- Required to travel throughout the UK
- German not essential but preferred
Where will you be based?
In our UK Head Office in Wimbledon, South London, although please note that our Head Office is moving to Tolworth in 2020. Your initial training could take you to various sites throughout the UK and you will be required to travel for the position.
What do we offer?
- Earning £37,000 per annum
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
- Two year Programme
- Fully expensed company car including private mileage
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities for quick progression to senior management and long term career prospects
Please note applications close Friday 6th September 2019 and all interviews will be held on 25th September 2019.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.